Capella Plug-in for SysML Bridge development

Greetings everyone,

I am currently working on a Capella to SysML bridge project. I am having a hard time figuring out how to create plug-ins and use Java classes. There doesn’t seem to be much documentation meant for outsiders (such as me). Could someone share some resources on how to create such plug-ins from scratch, please?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Well considering your question, you may have a hard time doing this by yourself…

My suggestion would be :

• either to use an existing Capella-SysML bridge
  • or to use professional support to guide you in this endeavour

In both case, Obeo can help. Feel free to contact me directly to discuss these options.

BR

Samuel

Hello,

Thank you for your answer and suggestions.
The thing is, I am an engineering student and this is a school project, thus the necessity of doing it from scratch. The aim is to use the mapping from this paper :

on the Capella Logical Architecture to create an equivalent Block in Papyrus SysML. Could you, please, offer me some guidance?

Again thank you for your reply.

Ayoub.

I would look into the Python for Capella add-on Capella MBSE Tool - Add-Ons and try to implement a bridge with it.
Stephane

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I’ll try to get as much out of it as possible

Hello,

I’m working on a Capella-SysML bridge, but I have some issues. Could you tell me what are the existing Capella-SysML bridges I could use?

Best regards,
Alice

Have you looked at this one: GitHub - labs4capella/bridge-capella-ea: Capella Bridge for Enterprise Architect

Thank you !
I saw that I can install an extension, but I don’t find the .zip file I need for that with the link you posted. Is it open source? Where can I find it?

I don’t know, maybe you can contact Thales who manages Labs for Capella: https://labs4capella.github.io/ see at the bottom of the page

1 Like