Capella Model Rename

Hello,
I was trying to rename my Capella project. I renamed the .afm and .aird files in my project inside Capella and I suddenly lost both of the files. I tried to create a new representation from the .melodymodeler file but could not retain my diagrams. Is there a way I can get my lost diagrams back?
Thanks,
Shashank

Yes, I think with a few text replacement in the XMI files you should be able to retrieve everything.
I would suggest you to make copies, to open the files outside Capella in a text editor, search for the old names and replace them with the new ones. Do that in all 3 files: afm, aird, melodymodeller.
If your model is not confidential, I can probably give it a try.

What is the best way to rename a project and ensure that library references are also not broken?
Can this be done while using the project in teams?

Hello Wayne,

A shared project cannot be renamed remotely. You first have to import this project (and all dependent projects) locally, and then perform the renaming.

See How to rename a Capella Project? For more details about the renaming process in Capella.

Be careful when renaming a Library: “If you rename a Library project, all the references to this library will be lost. Library renaming must be done very carefully.”

That means you need first to search for all dependencies toward this library in all *.capella, *.aird or *.afm files. The replacing can only be done manually by a textual search and replace.

Once the project is renamed, it can then be exported again to the team server.

Its is of course highly recommended to keep a backup of the database and exported project before performing this operation.

Best regards,

Florian

1 Like