Blank mass editing view

I am using Capella 6.0.0. I am trying to use Mass Editing to build tables (similar to MagicDraw), but I am unable to view the table. I can hide/show columns and click some of the cells.

Works for me - how did you try to open it/on what element are you trying to use it?

Doesn’t seem like a problem I’ve noticed on any tutorial video or mentioned on any forum. It doesn’t matter what element I try to view. The above image is the only table I get. I’ve tried to re-install Capella without any change.

Strange - what OS are you using?
Was it working for you with Capella 5.2.0?

I’m currently on Windows 11. I have not used a previous versions of Capella before. I am exploring Capella capabilities to transition from Magicdraw for my company. I tried to download a previous version (like 5.2.0 through Github), but the zip files were missing the Capella.exe files. Perhaps I’m missing a download step not covered in the Capella download documentation.

Hum, both are very strange.
I don’t see why the Mass Editing View would not work for you (btw I do not know very well MagicDraw but I think that the Mass Editing in Cameo is more powerful than the one in Capella - if you’re looking at generating complex tables out of your model, you may want to look into Python 4 Capella where you can write Python script to generate what you want out of your model)
And I just downloaded Capella 5.2.0, and I see the exe in the zip file… Strange.
Could you double-check, the exe should be in the capella subfolder when you unzip it.

Stephane

Thank you for all your responses Stephane. I just realized my error on just downloading the source code. I’m attempting a roll back to 5.2.0 now. Perhaps Mass Editing will work for me on this version.

Yes, and the 6.0 is a little bot young, not all add-on are available yet for this version. So 5.2 is a good choice at this stage I think.
Be careful if you install some addons, to pick-up the right version for 5.2
Do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have questions as well.
Stephane

1 Like

It looks like the problem has been solved. Thank you.
I am able to use the Mass Visualization on 5.2.0. However, I have some data on the 6.0 version, but migration tool doesn’t seem to work from 6.0 → 5.2. Have you had prior issues with having multiple versions on your computer at once?

There is no issue with having multiple versions of Capella on the same computer.
Migration is only supported from an older to a newer version.

I have the same problem.
My screen looks as shown in the original question. I can see more information if I click at the right place, a single cell will be highlighted. I can even edit the cell. It is as if the colors of the text and background are the same, and when you highlight the cell the changed colors does display.
I am running Windows 10. I do not see this in Capella 5.1 ( I do not have 5.2 installed).
Louis

Hello,

The problem has been identified and is being processed.

Until then, a workaround is available and described in Mass view with Capella 6.0.0

1 Like