Auto-transition issue with large-scale data

Hello,

We have more than 4,500 logical functions in one project in Capella 5.1. When we try to “Perform an automated transition of Logical Functions”, the “Functional Transition” dialog can pop up. But when we click the “Apply” button, the dialog will disappear, and nothing else will happen. No Physical Function is created. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks in advance!

Renfei

Hi Renfei,

I tried it on a model with a similar number of functions, and it worked. It was on Capella 5.2.0, though. Any error in the error log for you?
You may try a few things:

• Check the memory parameters in your Capella.ini
  • Close your session re-open it and try the transition again
  • Run the transition on smaller subsets of functions (select functions, right-click and choose Transition)
  • obvious one, but make sure you click on Apply and not OK

I hope this helps.
Stephane

Hi Stephane,

Thanks for your quick response!
We will do the transition on smaller subsets as a work around, and we may consider to upgrade to Capella 5.2.

Best regards,
Renfei

Hi Stephane,

We tried Capella 5.2 today, but the issue is still there. Can you take a look at the demo project that we tried?
Here is the download link of our demo project: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free
Thanks!

Renfei

Hi Renfei,

I reproduced your issue. Would you please raise a bug on the Capella Github, with your model attached?

Not knowing the underlying technical reason, I am still confident that the main reason why you are having this issue is that all your functions are at the same hierarchical level. I took your model and grouped your functions by package of 1000 functions (in other words: I now have 6 high level functions that have 1000 sub functions for each one of them) and the transition works. So this is probably an idea for a workaround for you.

Stephane

Hi Stephane,

I have raised this bug on the Capella Github today ( Auto-transition issue with large-scale data #2435).
Thanks for your help!

Renfei

I had the same problem with much smaller models. I think that the problem not with model size. You need to run model validation. It will show you some problems with the model that should be solved before doing transition. Only technical issues on EObject level need to be solved.

Here the problem occurs with an empty model, just creating 600 functions in it. Not a single model validation error.

Has anyone been able to understand this issue and either how to resolve it or work around it?

I’m in the same position where I can’t transition between any of the layers. The window pops up identifying all the differences between the model layers and when I click “apply” the window closes and nothing seems to happen.

I do have model validation warnings, but no errors. W.r.t. @dsryzhov comment above, I’m not sure what is meant by “EObject” technical issues and so don’t know if this is something I can do to help fix it.

I’m using:
Capella Version: 6.1.0
Build id: 202303291413