RVP Requirement Name in Project Explorer

Hi,

The default behavior of the RVP add-on appears to be to use the “text” field as the name that appears in the Project Explorer. Ideally, I think it would make more sense for the “name” field to be used for this purpose.

Can anyone confirm my observation and if this is the case, advise on if it is possible to change to use the “name” field in the project explorer?

Regards,
Reeshen.

Hi Reeshen,
It is a little bit more complex than this…

The default expression shows a Requirement based on its IE_PUID attribute if any, concatenated with one of the following attributes Text, LongName or ChapterName: IE_PUID? (Text|Name|ChapterName|LongName)

Here is the expression:
aql:let puid = self.ownedAttributes->any(a | a.definition.ReqIFLongName == ‘IE PUID’)->collect(a | ‘[’+a.value+’]’)->first() in let name = OrderedSet{self.ReqIFText, self.ReqIFName, self.ReqIFChapterName, self.ReqIFLongName}->any(s | s != null and s.size() > 0)->first() in OrderedSet{puid, name}->select(s | s != null)->sep(’ ')->toString()

You can change it in Preferences Window > Preferences > Capella > Requirements

I hope this helps.

Stephane LACRAMPE
Obeo Canada

1 Like

Thanks Stephane,

This solves exactly my issue. For reference to future readers, if one wants to setup Capella RVP Project Explorer with “name” field, one can use this expression:

aql:let puid = self.ownedAttributes->any(a | a.definition.ReqIFLongName == ‘IE PUID’)->collect(a | ‘[’+a.value+’]’)->first() in let name = OrderedSet{self.ReqIFName}->any(s | s != null and s.size() > 0)->first() in OrderedSet{puid, name}->select(s | s != null)->sep(’ ')->toString()

Thank you so much!